Enter your email address below to subscribe to Vision Of Success Blog!


powered by Bloglet

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Stretching your mind

Have you ever done some or tried something new, just so it stretches your mind?

I hate living in the comfort zone. Maybe that's why I've moved every 3 years of my life since I was 18 years old. Famiarity can be so boring. I love a challenge, and trying new things provides me with the challenge I'm looking for.

Since one of my goals is to become an internationally successful speaker, I realize that I need to get out of my comfort zone, and learn how to speak like the best of them. I do all right with planned speaking - but the spontaneous stuff still scares me. So I joined toastmasters.

If you've ever been in toastmasters, you understand how far you can be stretched. I've only been in toastmasters for a couple of months, but still have trouble knowing I will be put on the spot with table topics. Today was very interesting - the topic was to look at a cloud and relate it to a word such as loyalty, friendship, or respect. Very stretching experience. :)

I'm happy to report, I did just fine - I wasn't even nervous this time around.

Maybe it's time to find something new.

Lori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home