Enter your email address below to subscribe to Vision Of Success Blog!


powered by Bloglet

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Get A Life

I started working with a new group last night. At my local chamber, they offer a group in which 12 complimentary businesses meet once a month, and act as each others advisory board. Have you ever had an advisory board?

I am a part of another group in which we also act as an advisory board, and it's wonderful. It's great knowing you can get together and talk about anything, and get honest feedback. Even if the feedback is a little more honest than what you really wanted to hear!

Anyway, I was sitting there last night, listening to everyone as we went around the table. And one thing became apparent very quickly - entrepreneurs are workaholics. All of us. It was almost unanimous that everyone at the table worked on average 50-60 hours per week. And even though we all love what we do, is a 60 hour work week really a good thing?

One other piece of information surfaced - everyone was pretty much a one-person show, and wore every hat in the business. Hmmmm...

So, the more hats you wear, the longer you will work to make sure each job is fulfilled. Isn't the solution to get rid of some of the hats?

I know there's an easy way to pass certain jobs off to other people; I talk about it in my Get Known Marketing manual at www.GetKnownMarketing.com.

Guess that's one piece of advice I'll be sharing in the coming months.

Lori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home