Enter your email address below to subscribe to Vision Of Success Blog!


powered by Bloglet

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What do you do in your personal time?


For those of you that have followed my ezine over the last year, you know I've been working towards fulfilling a goal and a dream:

finishing my first triathlon!

(Yep, that's me in the white!) Well this past Sunday, I did it! And what an amazing experience it was. When you step into 70 degree water in a reservoir, and see the middle buoy way off in the distance, the feeling can only be summed up as overwhelm. But as I swam around that buoy, something kicked in and said "Hey, you're going to make this!"

From then on, I turned my 16 mile venture into something I knew I was going to finish.

Though I must admit, I did have to walk 2 of the 3.1 miles (my side hurt too bad to jog), I crossed that finish line with gusto.

And I have the medal to prove it! It's laying here on my desk, and will be a constant reminder to myself that I can do ANYTHING if I put my mind to it.

And now I'm off to train for next year's triathlon. Care to join me?

Lori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home