Enter your email address below to subscribe to Vision Of Success Blog!


powered by Bloglet

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Why a website is important

I've been online for so many years now, I tend to forget that some business owners still don't have a website. In the past week, I've discovered three businesses that didn't have websites, and found some pretty good reasons why they should have. Does your business fall into one of these categories?

1. While on vacation over the 4th of July, we went to a small resort community. We did the tourist thing, and spent a couple of hours browsing through the local shops. One store in particular caught my eye. They had some amazing products, and some things I would love to have as Christmas presents. The problem was my husband was with me - and he's the one I found the potential gifts for! I grabbed a card on my way out, thinking I would visit their website when I returned home, and order it from the convenience of my laptop.

Guess what? No website. Now not only can't I go on and place my order, but I can't remember one of the things that caught my eye. How can I phone in my order if I can't remember what I wanted to order?

Hmmmm... Imagine what type of sales this company could do if they could promote a website to their out of town shoppers, which probably make up 90% of their clientele.

2. I write articles regularly, and was working on a story a couple of days ago. I was looking for one type of store in a certain industry, and did my research online. Although I did find a couple of sites in my community for this type of business, most of the businesses here locally didn't have a website. While I did find some phone numbers in the phone directories, I was specifically looking for websites.

Guess what? No website, no connection. I needed examples of companies with websites. I wasn't looking for spectacular examples, just companies with some type of web presence. The two with small websites caught my interest, the others were left behind. These companies missed a golden opportunity for a little bit of exposure in the media.

While these are just two examples, having a website is important for a variety of reasons.

Do you have your site ready for your next opportunity?

Lori Osterberg
www.VisionOfSuccess.com
www.VisionBusinessConcepts.com
www.GetKnownMarketing.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home