Enter your email address below to subscribe to Vision Of Success Blog!


powered by Bloglet

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Are they taking marketing too far?

I love marketing. In fact, I'm addicted to learning all I can on marketing, and how to help improve businesses. But when is it too much?

I was reading the July/August 2006 edition of FastCompany, and shook my head when I came to an article titled, "Can Your Banner Ad Do This?"

It seems companies and ad agencies are so hungry to market to customers, they are trying everything (and I do mean everything).

A new campaign for Chase Commercial Banking has created ads that it attaches to electrical outlets in 90 locations throughout the Indianapolis International Airport. If they're trying it in Indianapolis, it's soon to be everywhere.

Or what about Parking Stripe Advertising - you know, the vinyl strips that mark off spaces in your local parking lot? Imagine getting out of your car, and having them tell you about the daily specials inside the store.

But the one that really made me shake my head: the Wizmark. Guys, you may get a new experience next time you head into the restroom. Seems Wizmark has discovered a new way to deliver sounds and images - while you're visiting a urinal.

Where will it end?

Lori

p.s. Anyone have any "experience" with the Wizmark? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home