Enter your email address below to subscribe to Vision Of Success Blog!


powered by Bloglet

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Focus Your Energy Action Step

Focus Your Energy Action Step

Focusing your energy is one of the most difficult things a self-employed person will ever do. Most self-employed people fall into the "I can do it myself" mentality. That's ok if you're comfortable with your current situations. But if you really want to grow your business, you need to change your thinking. A great book on how to move out of the "I can do it myself" mentality is Michael E Gerber's "The E Myth Revisited". I highly recommend this book to anyone who is trying to grow their business to new levels. If you've never read it, buy it and read it now. Even if you have read it, read it again. I reread simple-to-read books like this again and again to get the concepts down.

Take a look at the jobs you like to do within your business. What makes you happy? What makes you grumble? What do you put off until you absolutely have to do it? What can other people do very easily? Divide this list into two areas: a list of things you like to do and things you don't like to do. How can you hire out the jobs on your "don't like to do" list? Then look at your "like to do" list. What items on this list actually make you money? Marketing, sales, generating ideas, research - these things bring in money. They are what make your business grow, and become more profitable. Look for ways to give away the items you enjoy, but are time consuming and don't really do anything to help your business grow.

Remember this idea is a work in progress. There is no way for a small business to hire employees and contractors for 75% of your workload over night. Instead, think small. "In 2003, I will let an accountant take over my accounting functions and my tax preparation". "In 2003, I will hire one employee to help me with my administrative tasks." These are small, achievable and realistic goals to have for one business year. Really focus on keeping these goals, and then focus on what you will accomplish with the timesavings. You will only be able to grow if you fill that timesavings with items that will generate more revenue. And above all, take action!

Lori
GetKnownMarketing.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home